Skywatcher Star Discovery 127/1500 Maksutov SD Telescope
available for orders up to $1,000.00 Learn More
- Fully Multi-Coated 127mm Maksutov-Cassegrain
- User Level; beginner – intermediate
- Views of the moon, comets, planets and stars
- A simple yet efficient mount for telescopes or cameras
- Go-To, auto-tracking Alt-Azimuth mount
- Time-lapse function
- 5 Years Sky-Watcher limited warranty
Sky-Watcher Star Discovery 127mm Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope WiFi
The 127 Star Discovery Maksutov-Cassegrain is a compact and powerful optical design that combines a front meniscus lens and two mirrors. The optical tube is closed by the front meniscus, keeping the mirrors protected from atmospheric agents such as humidity, dust and pollution. The tube is short but the focal length is long allowing high magnification with the standard eyepieces. With maximum practical magnification of 254x , this Sky-Watcher Telescope will reveal details in Saturn’s rings, Jupiter’s bands, the Martian polar ice caps, and the phases of Venus and the moon.
The Sky-Watcher 127/1500 Star Discovery is a fully automatic telescope ideal for beginners and those who want to get straight to observing. Aligning the mount takes mere minutes with the one object ” alignment mode, and the computerised SynScan system This means less time spent finding a faint nebula or a distant planet and more time to enjoy observing. Astronomy has never been so easy!
The Star Discovery mount is the upgrade of the Star Explorer, featuring the Freedom Find dual encoder technology. Once aligned, the telescope can be manually pointed anywhere in the sky without losing alignment, giving the user enormous freedom, convenience and flexibility during the observations.
Star Discovery Mount Features:
- One, Two, Three object or Brightest Star Alignment
- Freedom Find Dual Encoder Technology
- Pointing Accuracy Enhancement Feature (PAE)
- Unknown Object Identification Feature
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Lunar, Solar
- Slewing Speeds: 1x, 2x, 16x, 32x, 64x, 128x, 400x, 500x, 600x, 800x
- Astro Time-Lapse Function
- DSLR Snap Port (optional cable)
- Compatible with Vixen Style Bars
- Power Requirement: 12V DC or AA Batteries (not supplied)
In the Box:
- 127mm Maksutov Cassegrain
- Star Discovery Alt-Azimuth Go-To Mount
- Stainless Steel Tripod with Accessory Tray
- PC Connection Cord
- Eyepiece Super 25mm (60x) & Super 10mm (150x) – 1.25″ barrel
- 90° Star Diagonal – 1.25″ barrel
- 6×30 Finderscope
- User Manual
Tour the night sky at the touch of a button
For amateur astronomers seeking superior equatorial control and the ease of a high-precision computerised Go-To telescope mounting system for imaging or visual applications, the family of SynScan Pro Series mountings are the answer. All SynScan Pro Series models are premium-grade observing platforms which have been thoughtfully designed for ease of operation. With the user-friendly push-button hand control, locating and viewing the treasures of the night sky becomes a walk in the park. The WiFi App allows you to point the telescope at a specific object or tour the skies at the touch of a button. The user friendly menu system allows automatic slewing to over 42,900 objects. Even an inexperienced astronomer can master its variety of features in a few observation sessions.
Connect the mount to the SynScan App using the adapter and control your telescope wirelessley with your mobile device.
The mount has built-in Wi-Fi capability so just connect the mount and control your telescope wirelessley with your mobile device.
Download the app from Google Play or Apple App Store.
Messier, IC, NGC & Caldwell