Celestron Advanced VX 9.25″ Schmidt Cassegrain Computerised Telescope
available for orders up to $2,000.00 Learn More
- 9.25” (235mm) f/10 Schmidt-Cassegrain includes StarBright XLT coatings for better light transmission
- The most compact and portable of Celestron’s German equatorial mounts offers the same rigidity as our larger mounts with minimal flexure and an improved industrial design
- Holds a maximum instrument capacity of 30 lb
- Every feature an astroimager wants: PEC, an autoguider port, the ability to image across the meridian, and more
- NEW dual saddle plate is compatible with narrow CG-5 dovetails and wider CGE dovetail. Also compatible with Vixen format dovetails longer than 100mm, but not compatible with Losmandy D format plates.
- Latitude range allows the mount to perform between 7° and 77° latitude
- Accessories include a 25mm eyepiece, 1.25” star diagonal and 6×30 finderscope
Includes These Celestron Technologies
Call for availability
Available on backorder
The Advanced VX German equatorial mount has been designed with the highest quality materials to ensure stability and durability All this adds up to a telescope that gives you a lifetime of enjoyment with a minimal amount of maintenance. The Advanced VX mount provides amateur astronomers with the most sophisticated and easy to use telescopes available on the market today.
If you are an experienced amateur, you will appreciate the comprehensive database of over 40,000 objects, including customized lists of all the best deep-sky objects, bright double stars and variable stars No matter your level of experience, the Celestron Advanced VX 9.25″ Schmidt Cassegrain Computerised Telescope will help you and your friends explore the wonders of the universe.
- 9.25″” (235mm) f/10 Schmidt-Cassegrain includes StarBright XLT coatings for better light transmission
- 33% more light gathering than a 8” telescope.
- 6×30 optical finderscope for locating alignment stars
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- Autoguider port for long exposure imaging
- New motors offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances
- Updated industrial design offers more rigidity, less flexure and improved aesthetics
- New design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings
- Improved latitude range. Can be used between 7 – 77 degrees latitude.
- NexStar hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
Tour of the Celestron Advanced VX Schmidt Cassegrain:
|Aperture (mm)||235 mm (9.25 in)|
|Focal Length||2350 mm (93 in)|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 (mm)||25 mm (0.98 in)|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||94 x|
|Tripod||Adjustable, Stainless Steel|
|Tripod Leg Diameter||2″|
|Highest Useful Magnification||555 x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||34 x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||14.4|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.59 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.49 arc seconds|
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye)||1127 x|
|Optical Tube Length||22″ in (559 mm)|
|Optical Tube Weight||20 lbs (9.07 kg)|
|Tripod Weight||18 lbs (8.16 kg)|
|Weight of Counterweights||2 x 12 lbs|
|Mount Height (Max)||64″ in (1626 mm)|
|Mount Height (Min)||44″ in (1118 mm)|
Product code: 12046
|Dimensions||130 × 80 × 80 cm|