Celestron Advanced VX 8″ f/10 Schmidt-Cassegrain GoTo EQ Telescope
available for orders up to $2,000.00 Learn More
- 8” (203.2mm) f/10 Schmidt-Cassegrain includes StarBright XLT coatings for better light transmission
- The most compact and portable of Celestron’s German equatorial mounts offers the same rigidity as our larger mounts with minimal flexure and an improved industrial design
- Holds a maximum instrument capacity of 13.5 kg
- Every feature an astroimager wants: PEC, an autoguider port, the ability to image across the meridian, and more
- NEW dual saddle plate is compatible with narrow CG-5 dovetails and wider CGE dovetail. Also compatible with Vixen format dovetails longer than 100mm, but not compatible with Losmandy D format plates.
- Latitude range between 7° and 77° latitude
- Accessories include a 25mm eyepiece, 1.25” star diagonal and 6×30 finderscope
Call for availability
The Advanced VX (AVX) sets a new standard in mid-level telescopes, providing many of the features found on Celestron’s most sophisticated German equatorial mounts at an extremely affordable price. The Advanced VX 8” Schmidt Cassegrain telescope is ideal for imagers and visual observers looking for a telescope that is much more portable than the reflector or refractor. The 8” optical tube offers 48% more light gathering ability than a 6” telescope. The Schmidt-Cassegrain design also eliminates chromatic aberration, making it a good choice for astroimaging. The Advanced VX mount is designed to provide superior performance while taking advantage of Celestron’s most advanced technologies: All-Star Polar Alignment, Celestron PWI telescope control software, SkyAlign, and permanently programmable periodic error correction (PPEC).
If you’re an experienced imager, you’ll love taking this portable mount to a dark sky site and enjoying all the conveniences of a larger observatory mount. Or, if you’re new to imaging, Advanced VX will help you get started with the hobby and keep up with your needs for years to come.
Computerized German equatorial mount
The Advanced VX is the smallest of Celestron’s German equatorial mounts. The computerized GoTo capability automatically tracks objects as they move across the night sky. The Advanced VX mount includes ports for a hand control, an autoguider, and 2 AUX ports for optional accessories. The NexStar+ hand control gives you instant access to all the functions your mount has to offer. With automatic slewing and menu descriptions, any level of astronomer can master this mount in just a few observing sessions. The Advanced VX also has an impressive tripod for its class with a 2” diameter steel tripod legs providing an extra-wide stance for improved stability.
The payload capacity for the Advanced VX is 13.5 kg. It offers a sturdy platform for any of the Advanced VX optical tubes, even when paired with optional accessories like StarSense AutoAlign, Focus Motor, a finderscope, and a camera. Celestron’s payload capacity does not include the weight of the counterweights.
Dual saddle plate
As of early 2019, Advanced VX mounts now include a new dual saddle plate that accommodates both CG-5 and CGE-style dovetail. Switching between the two saddle plates is as simple as moving the hand knobs into a separate set of holes. Now you can use an Advanced VX mount with virtually any optical tube within its weight limit. Compatible with Vixen format dovetails 100mm or longer, not compatible with Losmandy D format plates (regardless of plate manufacturer).
Celestron PWI Telescope Control Software
Your Ultimate Astronomy Software Suite
All current Celestron computerized telescopes include Celestron PWI (CPWI), the most advanced astronomy software suite provided with any consumer-grade telescope. Celestron’s experts co-developed CPWI with the engineers at PlaneWave Instruments. The result is an all-in-one solution offering you many of the same features used on PlaneWave’s observatory-class telescopes.
- Graphical planetarium interface with PointXP advanced mount modelling allows you to add 100+ points to your alignment model for the most accurate pointing and tracking possible
- Ideal for remote observatory setups: save and re-load your alignment and park your scope
- Provides a complete ASCOM telescope interface to allow control of the telescope from third party software applications
Starry Night Software
Included with your purchase is a free download of Celestron’s Starry Night Special Edition Software. This advanced software by Simulation Curriculum offers detailed information about celestial objects and helps you plan your next observing or imaging session. The Special Edition software also allows you to control your telescope via computer.
|Dimensions||120 × 70 × 70 cm|