Celestron Advanced VX 8″ f/10 Schmidt-Cassegrain GoTo EQ Telescope
available for orders up to $2,000.00 Learn More
- 8” (203.2mm) f/10 Schmidt-Cassegrain includes StarBright XLT coatings for better light transmission
- The most compact and portable of Celestron’s German equatorial mounts offers the same rigidity as our larger mounts with minimal flexure and an improved industrial design
- Holds a maximum instrument capacity of 13.5 kg
- Every feature an astroimager wants: PEC, an autoguider port, the ability to image across the meridian, and more
- NEW dual saddle plate is compatible with narrow CG-5 dovetails and wider CGE dovetail. Also compatible with Vixen format dovetails longer than 100mm, but not compatible with Losmandy D format plates.
- Latitude range between 7° and 77° latitude
- Accessories include a 25mm eyepiece, 1.25” star diagonal and 6×30 finderscope
The Advanced VX (AVX) sets a new standard in mid-level telescopes, providing many of the features found on Celestron’s most sophisticated German equatorial mounts at an extremely affordable price.
The Advanced VX (AVX) 8” Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope is one of the most affordable and portable telescopes; perfect for astrophotographers and visual observers alike. The 8” optical tube offers 84% more light gathering ability than a 6” telescope, and its Schmidt-Cassegrain design eliminates chromatic aberration, thus making it a great choice for entry-level astroimaging!
The AVX mount is designed to provide solid superior performance while featuring Celestron’s array of innovative technologies: All-Star Polar Alignment, Celestron PWI telescope control software, SkyAlign, and permanently programmable periodic error correction (PPEC).
If you’re an experienced astronomer, you’ll love taking this portable mount to dark sky sites for your adventures. If you’re new to imaging, this AVX telescope has much potential to be your long term buddy (for years to come) in this hobby!
|Focal Length||2032mm (80″)|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1||25mm (.98″)|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||102x|
|Highest Useful Magnification||480x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||29x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||14|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.69 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.57 arc seconds|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction||64mm (2.5″)|
|Optical Coatings||StarBright XLT|
|Optical Tube Length||432mm (17″)|
|Optical Tube Diameter||238mm (9.37″)|
|Optical Tube Weight||5.67kg|
|Dovetail||CG-5 Dovetail Bar|
|Dimensions||120 × 70 × 70 cm|